Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Anyone heard of disc golf.....

Today I learned a new sport, it is called Disc Golf. I've been attending Health Nuts, a group after school dedicated to helping children eat right and exercise. It was there, we had another teacher come in and show us the ropes of disc golf. From my understanding, this goes way back (not sure how far) I will check on that. Now considering I have never played real golf before, except for miniature golf, I had no clue how to take score, and so it appears that golf and disc golf are very similar in the rules of the game. From my understanding there are places you can go in Greensboro and play for free or sometimes there is a fee depending on where you go. All the information about disc golf can be found at the Professional Disc Golfers Association website. So happy disc golfing folks....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Chad said…

    Welcome to the blogoshere, Lisa. Some people that I met at the church I attended when I first moved here were really into disc golf, but I've never played.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home