Saturday, November 05, 2005

Children of Eden

Last night, I went to see the musical, Children of Eden. The show was put on by Greensboro Day School, just down the street. For anyone who hasn't seen the show, the basic story is Genesis 1-8. It follows the story of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and Noah's Ark very well. It is is very popular by many (especially large and small church groups.) Although I have never seen the musical, The Lion King, I think Children of Eden could be equally as popular professionally done on Broadway.
Considering Greensboro Day School is a private school, I was hoping for a little over the top vocally, but as a whole it was a great show. It was still high school level, however, there were some voices that stood out. The young lady playing Mama Noah, could definitely have a spot on American Idol, with her unique voice. The animal costumes were very eloborate. I especially liked the turtles on skateboards and the stuffed sea animals floating atop the orchestra pit. The lighting was exceptional. Glowing stars, rain, and lightning were well presented. There were some minor problems with sound but overall still good. There was no lack of equipment at this private high school. There was a full theatre with orchestra and balcony seats, a fully equipped sound room, and very nice restrooms. This is any musician's dream. (I'll stick to my computer and MIDI system, considering I just learned the ropes of home recording.) This would make a great Sunday evening show for you and your family.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home