Saturday, October 25, 2008

In Honor of my Great Aunt, Lillie Mae Timms

My aunt Lillie Mae, was like a grandmother to me. She didn't have any children of her own, but all of her neices and nephews she treated as her own children.

She was born on January 10, 1918 and passed April 12, 2008. Her brother was Robert Dennis McBrayer, who was a grandfather, that I never met. She worked with my Grandma at O.J. Mills, making rugs and bedspreads. She had introduced my grandfather and grandmother, Lois Millsap. Yes, it is another WWII love story. My grandmother and grandfather communicated through letters during the war. I would love to be able to read those letters today.

My aunt Lille Mae married Robert Rankin Timms. I'm not sure why they never had kids. They would have made great parents. Lillie Mae was very independant. She never wanted anyone to go out of their way for her. She always fixed my favorite foods, when I came over to her house, like purple hull peas and fried potatoes. Ask anyone, she had the best lemonade and chocolate pie around. She was a very beautiful lady inside and out.

Lillie Mae, I know your probably stirring up trouble in heaven, and having a grand ole time. Please know that you will be missed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home