Monday, November 28, 2005

"Sharp Like a Razor, Steady Like a Train"

These words (spoken by Reese Witherspoon, as June Carter) describe the Johnny Cash's music and the movie , Walk the Line. The movie is longer than most, but keeps you interested as if you were Johnny Cash yourself. Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix were wonderful in their roles. I was watching the promotion on Oprah a few weeks before it came out. I remember celebrities admitting they had to learn to sing for the role. Not many actors make good singers, nor singers make good actors, but these two were pretty close to the original voices. I'm hoping for the soundtrack at Christmas.

Both Witherspoon and Phoenix deserve an Oscar for this one. I really liked the portrayal of June Carter in this movie. Yes, she went through a few relationships. Overall though, I think she really held herself together, despite all the spotlight and judgements. You can really see her love for music, comedy, and mankind. Her faith in God is headstrong, and saves Johnny as he struggles with a drug addiction. This had definitely been her best role. Anyhow, that's my two cents. And folks, if you haven't seen the movie: "Let's go, time's a wasting!" I really wish the pair had finished this song in the movie. It made a great duet!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Chad said…

    My favorite performance in the move was "Time's A Wastin'" I wish they had finished it, too, and I wish it were on the soundtrack.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home