Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"The Lake-Huh"

Ok, so I was looking forward to this movie, much like the anticipation I had before going to see The Notebook. Unfortunately, I had to pay a little more than I wanted to for a matinee. Yet, it was Friday, and I needed a good cure for my boredom over the summer.
The previews looked really good. I saw Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves on some of the talk shows before the movie came out. I was getting excited. I thought it would be more like The Love Letter, which I loved watching on the Hallmark Channel. I think that was a much better movie. Turns out, I was in for a let down.
The movie made me feel really lonely, as with the characters in the story seem really lonely. The time thing is a real issue here. It is definitely a movie where you have to keep track of the dates, (I'm lucky if I remember today's date). In the end, I'm still not sure what year it is and how things ended the way they did. I'm still rethinking this puzzle in my mind. Guess this means another rewatch!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home